Skip to main content

MacBook Pro with Lion,WiFi problems?


If you don't know already I am a fan of Apples products,this is coupled with a strange fact.I have never,ever owned anything made by Apple besides the copy of Snowleopard I run on a VirtualBox.

I may not own one ,but I think I can speak with authority on the topic of "MacBook Pro with Lion,WiFi problems?" because of what I have seen on another machine and what I have Internet-ed.


I have seen Lion run on a 2008 15 inch MacBook Pro - no WiFi problems ,why? It was fully updated.The reason I am actually posting this is that I recently tried helping someone with this problem on a not fully updated MacBook Pro(hence the extensive internet research).Of all the strange hacks and ideas the only eureka moments on the internet are when some guy posts ,"I updated and now it works". So there,if you are having WiFi problems on your MacBook pro with Lion,Update,it seems like it works and it makes more sense than "8.8.8.8".

The person I attempted to help was unfortunately reluctant to follow my advice,I might just say that's  their problem,not mine,but it is my problem because they own a MacBook and I don't :( .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using delegates in Objective-C

Why use delegation? Well when writing Objective-C programs in Xcode we are encouraged to use the MVC(Model View Controller) structure.In MVC a model cannot send messages directly to a specific controller.This can become a problem if data in your model changes independantly and you need to update this information in your view via the controller(The model must never communicate directly with the view).This is where a delegate comes in,it allows messages to be sent from the model to a controller that is not specified in the model but is rather specified by the controller,in other words the controller specifies itself. If you dont really understand what im talking about so far ,don't worry.I didn't understand delegates either until I needed one,but hopefully by the end of this tutorial you will understand not only how to use a delegate ,but the reason you would want to use one. Program breakdown For this tutorial we will write a program that has a model that will change an...

Setting up Qt Creator for assembly

After fiddling with inline asssembly (not very successfully) ,I recently decided to try writing proper assembly and compiling with NASM in Linux. After writing a hello world using gedit and having a terminal open for compiling,linking and running I had a thought.,there has to be a better way to do this. So I tried Qt Creator ,because I know it's easy to add custom build and run commands,and what do you know? I got it to work. Here's how,my screenshots and assembly code are in Linux but the set up should be the same regardless of the operating system,if you are not using Linux then just use the same commands you use to assemble in your operating system. First off ,create a new console application: I named mine ASM Rename the main.cpp to main.asm and delete all the text inside.then insert some assembly: Now open up the “Project” tab and edit the build settings,remove the current build and clean steps and remove the “-build-desktop” from the en...

Lion's eat RAM's

I recently purchased a Mac-mini(Yes I own a Mac now) with relatively the same hardware specs as my(well the one I work with) MacBook pro, Intel Core i5,Graphics 3000(or whatever) etc. The only difference being that the ram in the Mini was only 2GB and the Laptop has 4GB,we will come back to this later. The MacBook Pro experience: My experience with the laptop has been great,never lagging and I really got used to using a track-pad instead of a mouse and found gestures very helpful for quick desktop management with a small screen.It was also very responsive and I keep tons of windows open all the time without problems.  When I got my Mac Mini,I popped it out of its box and plugged it in to my standard PC peripherals,switched it on and everything worked fine ,I got a few nice surprises too,I did not expect it to come with a wireless card or built in Bluetooth,just like it does on the MacBook. Then I tried to run Safari,iTunes and Xcode all at once(I do this often while worki...